SwissPLANT symposium 2024
The Swiss Society of Plant Biology will hold its annual symposium «SwissPLANT» from 17 to 19 January 2024 in Les Diablerets.
The conference is open to group leaders/ PIs of the Swiss Plant Science Web. Each research group is encouraged to be represented by its group leader, senior scientists and their promising young group members.
SwissPLANT participants get an overview and discuss current research advances in plant sciences in Switzerland. The meeting is an excellent opportunity to interact and network with peer plant scientists.
The scientific program committee is composed of SPSW members of the University of Zurich:
- Cyril Zipfel, Department of Plant and Microbial Biology (lead)
- Simon Aeschbacher, Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
- Florian P. Schiestl, Department of Systematic and Evolutionary Botany
- Rie Shimizu-Inatsugi, Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
- Sara Simonini, Department of Plant and Microbial Biology
- Sofia van Moorsel, Department of Geography
- Tobias Züst, Department of Systematic and Evolutionary Botany
Organizer and contact: Cyril Zipfel, Department of Plant and Microbial Biology
Venue and schedule (tentative)
Conference fee & payments
• Participants are requested to make their payments directly at the hotel front desk.
• Conference package: CHF 498 per person in a single room/CHF 378 per person sharing a double room. This rate includes: Hotel accommodation (2 nights), 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners (drinks not included), conference coffee breaks, conference room utilization, wifi, free entrance to the hotel swimming pool, sauna and fitness, and 2 x tourist tax.
The hotel will charge participants for cancellations or reservation changes made after 17 December 2023.
Call, abstract submission and registration
Registration deadline: 15 Dec 2023
Deadline for abstract submissions has been extended to: 15 Dec 2023
Mail your abstract in text-format with max 220 words to Cyril Zipfel. The email subject line should be ‘Abstract SwissPlant2024’, and the abstract file should be named ‘SwissPlant2024_abstract_firstname-lastname’.
You can use the abstract-template.
Information about acceptance: before Christmas holidays.
One day before SwissPLANT 2024 the Society of Plant Biology organizes a conjunct event specifically addressing young researchers working in Swiss universities. PhD students and postdoc fellows are welcome to submit abstracts. See separate Call: SwissPLANT Early Career Meeting
► PIs are encouraged to disseminate this information in their team.
Abstract submission deadline extended
Deadline for abstract submissions has been extended to 15 Dec 2023.
Early Career Meeting SwissPLANT 2024
The Swiss Society of Plant Biology organizes a meeting for the next generation of plant biologists.
PhD students and postdocs are encouraged to present and discuss their findings in Les Diablerets.
The meeting addresses PhD students approaching the end of their project and postdoc scholars. Two senior members of the community will attend as mentors.