Early Career Meeting SwissPLANT 2024
16-17 January 2024, Les Diablerets (VD) Switzerland.
PhD students and postdoc fellows working in a Swiss university are invited to present and discuss their latest findings with peer young researchers in a supportive atmosphere in the Swiss mountains.
Topics cover plant biology from ecology, evolution to molecular mechanisms.
Participants exchange ideas and build collaborative networks with peers.
The meeting addresses PhD students approaching the end of their project and postdoc scholars. A senior member of the community will attend as a mentor.
The SwissPLANT Next Generation Meeting will consist of talk and poster sessions distributed over the afternoon of January 16th and the morning of January 17th.
Each attendee will present a poster and a short talk.
Attendees are invited to submit an abstract by 04/Dec/2023. Selection will be based on the submitted abstracts.
During the SwissPLANT Early Career Meeting, participants will select 2 speakers from among themselves to give a presentation at the following SwissPLANT Conference (17–19 January 2024, Les Diablerets).
All Early Career Meeting participants are strongly encouraged to attend the subsequent SwissPLANT Conference.
Call for abstracts and registration
Deadline for abstract submission has been extended to: 15 Dec 2023.
Information on acceptance / rejection: 18 Dec 2023.
- Kyle Bender, Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of Zurich
- Narjes Yousefi, Department of Systematic and Evolutionary Botany, University of Zurich
- Cyril Zipfel, Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of Zurich
Schedule & venue
Start: Tuesday, 16 January 2024, 14h00
End: Wednesday, 17 January 2024, around 13h00 (after lunch)
Eurotel Victoria, Les Diablerets, http://www.eurotel-victoria.ch/diablerets/
Types of contribution
• Each attendee will present a poster AND a short talk.
• Oral presentation
The length of an oral presentation is limited to 10 minutes, followed by a 5-minute discussion. There will be no parallel sessions.
• Poster contribution
Bring along a A0-portrait size poster. Each poster is allotted one board.
Participation is free of charge and includes accommodation and food. The costs for the Early Career meeting will be covered directly by the Swiss Society of Plant Biology, thanks to a grant from SCNAT. Attendees cover their own travel expenses.
The participants of the Early Career meeting are however encouraged to stay as well for the SwissPLANT conference, but they need then to register separately and pay the corresponding fees, like all applicants.
Guidelines for abstract submission
- Submit your abstract by email, i.e., in addition to your registration via the web form.
- The abstract must be submitted in English and may not exceed 220 words nor contain footnotes.
- We prefer plain-text format (txt), or other editable text format. Avoid pdf and images. If you wish, you can use this template.
- Check all information thoroughly before submitting, as all information for selected contributions will be published as submitted.
- File name: ECM2024_abstract_Firstname-Lastname
- Send your abstract including subject line ‘Abstract SwissPlantECM2024' and author information as an email attachment to Kyle Bender.
- Please provide complete and accurate information on all contributing authors.
- This includes the full name, institution/organisation, location and email address of each (co-)author.
- The person making the submission is responsible for the accuracy of the information.
- The information will be printed as submitted.
- Please use an institute-e-mail address, not a personal one.
- Mark the presenting author's name in bold.
Abstract submission deadline extended
Deadline for abstract submission has been extended to 15 Dec 2023.