Structure – function analysis of cutin and the cuticle in Arabidopsis
One of the important steps in the evolution of land plants is the formation of a primary barrier at the surface of aerial organs that limit the loss of water: the cuticle. The plant cuticle has evolved to a complex structure consisting of different lipid-derived compounds that plays a role in different aspects of plant biology ranging from stress protection to organ development. The research in our group is particularly directed on the elucidation of new components important for the formation of the cuticle and their significance for different cuticular functions. Arabidopsis thaliana is used as a model system for these studies.
- The beta-Ketoacyl-CoA Synthase HvKCS1, Encoded by Cer-zh, Plays a Key Role in Synthesis of Barley Leaf Wax and Germination of Barley Powdery Mildew
Li, C; Haslam, TM; Kruger, A; Schneider, LM; Mishina, K; Samuels, L; Yan, HX; Kunst, L; Schaffrath, U; Nawrath, C; Chen, GX; Komatsuda, T; von Wettstein-Knowles, P
PLANT AND CELL PHYSIOLOGY, 59 (4):806-822; 10.1093/pcp/pcy020 APR 2018
- The Cuticle Mutant eca2 Modifies Plant Defense Responses to Biotrophic and Necrotrophic Pathogens and Herbivory Insects
Blanc, Catherine; Coluccia, Fania; L'Haridon, Floriane; et al.
MOLECULAR PLANT-MICROBE INTERACTIONS 31(3): 344-355 https://doi.org/10.1094/MPMI-07-17-0181-R MAR 2018
- The roles of the cuticle in plant development: organ adhesions and beyond
Ingram, Gwyneth; Nawrath, Christiane
JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY, 68 (19): 5307-5321 AUG 30 2017 Review (Details)
- Connecting the Molecular Structure of Cutin to Ultrastructure and Physical Properties of the Cuticle in Petals of Arabidopsis
Mazurek, Sylwester; Garroum, Imene; Daraspe, Jean; et al.
PLANT PHYSIOLOGY, 173 (2): 1146-1163 FEB 2017 Article (Details)
- Cuticular Defects in Oryza sativa ATP-binding Cassette Transporter G31 Mutant Plants Cause Dwarfism, Elevated Defense Responses and Pathogen Resistance
Garroum, Imene; Bidzinski, Przemyslaw; Daraspe, Jean; et al.
PLANT AND CELL PHYSIOLOGY, 57 (6): 1179-1188 JUN 2016 Article (Details)
- Adaptation of Root Function by Nutrient-Induced Plasticity of Endodermal Differentiation
Barberon, Marie; Vermeer, Joop Engelbertus Martinus; De Bellis, Damien; et al.
CELL, 164 (3): 447-459 JAN 28 2016 Article (Details)
- The ABCG transporter PEC1/ABCG32 is required for the formation of the developing leaf cuticle in Arabidopsis
Fabre, Guillaume; Garroum, Imene; Mazurek, Sylwester; et al.
NEW PHYTOLOGIST, 209 (1): 192-201 JAN 2016 Article (Details)
- Structure - function analyses of cutin and the cuticle in Arabidopsis
- Transgenic Arabidopsis plants expressing a fungal cutinase
- Permeable cuticle (pec) mutants of Arabidopsis
- Electron microscopy
- Extracellular matrix compounds
- Chemical analysis
- Lipid, cell wall and cuticle analysis
- Responses of plant to environmental changes (drought and pathogens)