Plant molecular biology
We work on the jasmonate pathway which controls plant immunity to herbivores. Jasmonates are lipid-derived molecules which accumulate rapidly when a plant is attacked or wounded. Our recent work has shown that the signal travelling from a wound to distal leaves has an average speed of about 4 cm per min. We have a second project on non-enzymatic lipid oxidation. We use Arabidopsis as a genetic tool to study this process and we concentrate on aspects that would be difficult to address in animals.
- Single-cell damage elicits regional, nematode-restricting ethylene responses in roots
Marhavy, P; Kurenda, A; Siddique, S; Tendon, VD; Zhou, F; Holbein, J; Hasan, MS; Grundler, FMW; Farmer, EE; Geldner, N
EMBO JOURNAL, 38 (10):10.15252/embj.2018100972 MAY 15 2019
- Identification of cell populations necessary for leaf-to-leaf electrical signaling in a wounded plant
Nguyen, CT; Kurenda, A; Stolz, S; Chetelat, A; Farmer, EE
PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, 115 (40):10178-10183; 10.1073/pnas.1807049115 OCT 2 2018
- Control of basal jasmonate signalling and defence through modulation of intracellular cation flux capacity
Lenglet, Aurore; Jaslan, Dawid; Toyota, Masatsugu; et al.
NEW PHYTOLOGIST, 216 (4): 1161-1169 10.1111/nph.14754 DEC 2017
- Emerging Jasmonate Transporters
Chi Tam Nguyen; Martinoia, Enrico; Farmer, Edward E.
MOLECULAR PLANT, 10 (5): 659-661 10.1016/j.molp.2017.03.007 MAY 1 2017
- Mimicry in plants
Pannell, John R.; Farmer, Edward E.
CURRENT BIOLOGY, 26 (17): R784-R785 SEP 12 10.1016/j.cub.2016.04.005 2016
- Membranes as Structural Antioxidants RECYCLING OF MALONDIALDEHYDE TO ITS SOURCE IN OXIDATION-SENSITIVE CHLOROPLAST FATTY ACIDS
Schmid-Siegert, Emanuel; Stepushenko, Olga; Glauser, Gaetan; et al.
JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY, 291 (25): 13005-13013 10.1074/jbc.M116.729921 JUN 17 2016
- Acylated monogalactosyl diacylglycerol: prevalence in the plant kingdom and identification of an enzyme catalyzing galactolipid head group acylation in Arabidopsis thaliana
Nilsson, Anders K.; Johansson, Oskar N.; Fahlberg, Per; et al.
PLANT JOURNAL, 84 (6): 1152-1166 10.1111/tpj.13072 DEC 2015
- Plant defense
- Systemic signalling
- Lipid oxidation
- SystemsX.ch (physics)
- University of Geneva (metabolomics)
- University of Lausanne (electrophysiology)