Our laboratory focuses on various aspects of a highly conserved mechanism called “RNA silencing”, which encompasses many processes in which tiny RNA molecules (20-30 nt long) are used as guides to promote nucleotide sequence-specific regulations at the levels of mRNA stability and translation, and, in some organisms, at the level of DNA methylation and chromatin modification.
More specifically, we are interested in understanding the biogenesis, modes of action and biological functions of two main classes of cellular small RNAs that are both processed from double-stranded RNA precursors by RNase III-like enzymes in the Dicer family, and loaded into Argonaute (AGO) proteins that effect their activity at the RNA and DNA levels, as part of RNA-induced silencing complexes (RISCS).
- A universal method for the rapid isolation of all known classes of functional silencing small RNAs
Grentzinger, Thomas; Oberlin, Stefan; Schott, Gregory; Handler, Dominik; Svozil, Julia; et al.
Nucleic Acids Research DOI: 10.1093/nar/gkaa472 AUG 20 2020
- Movement and differential consumption of short interfering RNA duplexes underlie mobile RNA interference
Devers, EA; Brosnan, CA; Sarazin, A; Albertini, D; Amsler, AC; Brioudes, F; Jullien, PE; Lim, P; Schott, G; Voinnet, O
Nature Plants 2020 10.1038/s41477-020-0687-2
- Functional characterization of Arabidopsis ARGONAUTE 3 in reproductive tissues
Jullien, Pauline E.; Grob, Stefan; Marchais, Antonin; Pumplin, Nathan; Chevalier, Clement; et al.
Plant Journal 2020 10.1111/tpj.14868
- Chemical enhancers of posttranscriptional gene silencing in Arabidopsis
Jay, F; Vitel, M; Brioudes, F; Louis, M; Knobloch, T; Voinnet, O
RNA, 25 (9):1078-1090; 10.1261/rna.068627.118 SEP 2019
- Extensive profiling in Arabidopsis reveals abundant polysome-associated 24-nt small RNAs including AGO5-dependent pseudogene-derived siRNAs
Marchais, A; Chevalier, C; Voinnet, O
RNA, 25 (9):1098-1117; 10.1261/rna.069294.118 SEP 2019
- Genome-scale, single-cell-type resolution of microRNA activities within a whole plant organ
Brosnan, CA; Sarazin, A; Lim, P; Bologna, NG; Hirsch-Hoffmann, M; Voinnet, O
EMBO JOURNAL, 38 (13):10.15252/embj.2018100754 JUL 1 2019
- RNA Sequencing identifies an IGA vasculitis associated serum microRNA signature, discriminating patients with IGA vasculitisfrom age- and sex-matched healthy subjects
Hocevar, A; Lakota, K; Grentzinger, T; Sarazin, A; Brezovec, N; Kuret, T; Distler, O; Cucnik, S; Voinnet, O; Sodin-Semrl, S; Tomsic, M; Frank-Bertoncelj, M
ANNALS OF THE RHEUMATIC DISEASES, 78 1192-1193; 2 10.1136/annrheumdis-2019-eular.6874 JUN 2019
- Structural Flexibility Enables Alternative Maturation, ARGONAUTE Sorting and Activities of miR168, a Global Gene Silencing Regulator in Plants
Iki, T; Clery, A; Bologna, NG; Sarazin, A; Brosnan, CA; Pumplin, N; Allain, FHT; Voinnet, O
MOLECULAR PLANT, 11 (8):1008-1023; 10.1016/j.molp.2018.05.006 AUG 6 2018
- A Suppressor Screen for AGO1 Degradation by the Viral F-Box P0 Protein Uncovers a Role for AGO DUF1785 in sRNA Duplex Unwinding
Derrien, Benoit; Clavel, Marion; Baumberger, Nicolas; et al.
PLANT CELL 30(6): 1353-1374 https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.18.00111 JUN 2018
- Nucleo-cytosolic Shuttling of ARGONAUTE1 Prompts a Revised Model of the Plant MicroRNA Pathway
Bologna, Nicolas G.; Iselin, Raphael; Abriata, Luciano A.; et al.
MOLECULAR CELL, 69 (4): 709-+ https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcel.2018.01.007 FEB 15 2018
Prof. Dr. Olivier Voinnet
Institute of Molecular Plant Biology
Tel: +41 (0)44 633 93 60