Our laboratory focuses on various aspects of a highly conserved mechanism called “RNA silencing”, which encompasses many processes in which tiny RNA molecules (20-30 nt long) are used as guides to promote nucleotide sequence-specific regulations at the levels of mRNA stability and translation, and, in some organisms, at the level of DNA methylation and chromatin modification.
More specifically, we are interested in understanding the biogenesis, modes of action and biological functions of two main classes of cellular small RNAs that are both processed from double-stranded RNA precursors by RNase III-like enzymes in the Dicer family, and loaded into Argonaute (AGO) proteins that effect their activity at the RNA and DNA levels, as part of RNA-induced silencing complexes (RISCS).
- Structural Flexibility Enables Alternative Maturation, ARGONAUTE Sorting and Activities of miR168, a Global Gene Silencing Regulator in Plants
Iki, T; Clery, A; Bologna, NG; Sarazin, A; Brosnan, CA; Pumplin, N; Allain, FHT; Voinnet, O
MOLECULAR PLANT, 11 (8):1008-1023; 10.1016/j.molp.2018.05.006 AUG 6 2018
- A Suppressor Screen for AGO1 Degradation by the Viral F-Box P0 Protein Uncovers a Role for AGO DUF1785 in sRNA Duplex Unwinding
Derrien, Benoit; Clavel, Marion; Baumberger, Nicolas; et al.
PLANT CELL 30(6): 1353-1374 https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.18.00111 https://www.altmetric.com/details.php?domain=www.plantcell.org&citation_id=43066572JUN 2018
- Nucleo-cytosolic Shuttling of ARGONAUTE1 Prompts a Revised Model of the Plant MicroRNA Pathway
Bologna, Nicolas G.; Iselin, Raphael; Abriata, Luciano A.; et al.
MOLECULAR CELL, 69 (4): 709-+ https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molcel.2018.01.007 FEB 15 2018
- A genome-wide transcriptome and translatome analysis of Arabidopsis transposons identifies a unique and conserved genome expression strategy for Ty1/Copia retroelements
Oberlin, Stefan; Sarazin, Alexis; Chevalier, Clement; et al.
GENOME RESEARCH, 27 (9): 1549-1562 SEP 2017 Article (Details)
- A single miR390 targeting event is sufficient for triggering TAS3-tasiRNA biogenesis in Arabidopsis
de Felippes, Felipe Fenselau; Marchais, Antonin; Sarazin, Alexis; et al.
NUCLEIC ACIDS RESEARCH, 45 (9): 5539-5554, https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkx119 MAY 19 2017
- Biochemical and genetic functional dissection of the P38 viral suppressor of RNA silencing
Iki, Taichiro; Tschopp, Marie-Aude; Voinnet, Olivier
RNA, 23 (5): 639-654, 10.1261/rna.060434.116 MAY 2017
- Small RNA-mediated repair of UV-induced DNA lesions by the DNA DAMAGE-BINDING PROTEIN 2 and ARGONAUTE 1
Schalk, Catherine; Cognat, Valerie; Graindorge, Stefanie; et al.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, 114 (14): 10.1073/pnas.1618834114 APR 4 2017