Plant signaling mechanisms
Cell Wall Signaling and Remodeling
Different from animals, plants present a dynamic cell wall system that plays a key role in coordinating growth and development, and that serves as a link with the outside world. So, plants have developed a sophisticated communication network that allows them to constantly read their cell wall status and adapt it to the new developmental or environmental circumstances.
We are interested in understanding what are the signaling components that drive this communication system and allow for this dynamic behavior. In order to answer to that question, we use an integrated approach that combines structural biology and protein biochemistry with cell biology and genetics.
- Crystal structures of two tandem malectin-like receptor kinases involved in plant reproduction
Moussu, S; Augustin, S; Roman, AO; Broyart, C; Santiago, J
ACTA CRYSTALLOGRAPHICA SECTION D-STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY, 74 671-680; 10.1107/S205979831800774X 7 JUL 2018
- Mechanistic basis for the activation of plant membrane receptor kinases by SERK-family coreceptors
Hohmann, U; Santiago, J; Nicolet, J; Olsson, V; Spiga, FM; Hothorn, LA; Butenko, MA; Hothorn, M
PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, 115 (13):3488-3493; https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1714972115 MAR 27 2018
- Perception of root-active CLE peptides requires CORYNE function in the phloem vasculature
Hazak, Ora; Brandt, Benjamin; Cattaneo, Pietro; Santiago, J; Rodriguez-Villalon, A; Hothorn, M; Hardtke, CS
EMBO REPORTS, 18 (8): 1367-1381 https://doi.org/10.15252/embr.201643535 AUG 2017
- How Do Plants Know When to Let Go?
Augustin, Sebastian; Santiago, Julia
CHIMIA, 71 (5): 310-310 https://doi.org/10.2533/chimia.2017.310 2017
- Mechanistic insight into a peptide hormone signaling complex mediating floral organ abscission
Santiago, Julia; Brandt, Benjamin; Wildhagen, Mari; et al.
ELIFE 5: e15075 10.7554/eLife.15075 APR 8 2016
- Crystal structures of the phosphorylated BRI1 kinase domain and implications for brassinosteroid signal initiation
Bojar, Daniel; Martinez, Jacobo; Santiago, Julia; Rybin, V; Bayliss, R; Hothorn, M
PLANT JOURNAL 78(1): 31-43 https://doi.org/10.1111/tpj.12445 APR 2014
- Molecular Mechanism for Plant Steroid Receptor Activation by Somatic Embryogenesis Co-Receptor Kinases
Santiago, Julia; Henzler, Christine; Hothorn, Michael
SCIENCE 341 (6148): 889-892 https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1242468 AUG 23 2013
- Structural insights into PYR/PYL/RCAR ABA receptors and PP2Cs
Santiago, Julia; Dupeux, Florine; Betz, Katja; et al.
PLANT SCIENCE 182 SI: 3-11 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plantsci.2010.11.014 JAN 2012
- Cell wall signaling and remodeling
- Receptor kinases
- Cell separation
- Plant membrane receptors
- Plant membrane signaling
- Plant cell wall signaling and remodeling
- Structural biology/ Dissecting signaling mechanisms
- Quantitative biochemistry
- Receptor-Ligand interactions
- Protein-protein interactions