Vitamin metabolism and its relations to environmental stress
Plant Biochemistry and Physiology
Our research focuses on plant metabolism, in particular the biochemistry and physiology behind vitamin biosynthesis and degradation and how these processes interact with other aspects of general primary plant metabolism. We also address aspects of stress physiology and how alteration of vitamin metabolism affects the response to abiotic stress responses. We use bacteria, yeast and the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana and a range of multi-disciplinary biological and chemical techniques as part of our research program.
- Of clocks and coenzymes in plants: intimately connected cycles guiding central metabolism?
Fitzpatrick, Teresa B.; Noordally, Zeenat
New Phytologist, 10.1111/nph.17127 APR 2021
- The importance of thiamine (vitamin B-1) in plant health: From crop yield to biofortification
Fitzpatrick, Teresa B.; Chapman, Lottie M.
Journal Of Biological Chemistry, 10.1074/jbc.REV120.010918 AUG 21 2020
- On the nature of thiamine triphosphate in Arabidopsis
Hofmann, Manuel; Loubery, Sylvain; Fitzpatrick, Teresa B.
Plant Direct, 10.1002/pld3.258 AUG 2020
- The coenzyme thiamine diphosphate displays a daily rhythm in the Arabidopsis nucleus
Noordally, Zeenat B.; Trichtinger, Celso; Dalvit, Ivan; Hofmann, Manuel; Roux, Celine; et al.
Communications Biology DOI: 10.1038/s42003-020-0927-z Published: MAY 5 2020
- Clarification of the dispensability of PDX1.2 for Arabidopsis viability using CRISPR/Cas9
Dell'Aglio, Elisa; Dalvit, Ivan; Loubery, Sylvain; Fitzpatrick, Teresa B.
Bmc Plant Biology, DOI: 10.1186/s12870-019-2071-9 Nov 2019
- Enhancement of vitamin B-6 levels in rice expressing Arabidopsis vitamin B-6 biosynthesis de novo genes
Mangel, N; Fudge, JB; Li, KT; Wu, TY; Tohge, T; Fernie, AR; Szurek, B; Fitzpatrick, TB; Gruissem, W; Vanderschuren, H
PLANT JOURNAL, 10.1111/tpj.14379 SEP 2019
- Appropriate Thiamin Pyrophosphate Levels Are Required for Acclimation to Changes in Photoperiod
By: Rosado-Souza, L; Proost, S; Moulin, M; Bergmann, S; Bocobza, SE; Aharoni, A; Fitzpatrick, TB; Mutwil, M; Fernie, AR; Obata, T
PLANT PHYSIOLOGY Volume: 180 Issue: 1 Pages: 185-197 10.1104/pp.18.01346 MAY 2019
- Crystal structure of the pseudoenzyme PDX1.2 in complex with its cognate enzyme PDX1.3: a total eclipse
Robinson, GC; Kaufmann, M; Roux, C; Martinez-Font, J; Hothorn, M; Thore, S; Fitzpatrick, TB
ACTA CRYSTALLOGRAPHICA SECTION D-STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY, 75 400-415; 10.1107/S2059798319002912 4 APR 2019
- The Pseudoenzyme PDX1.2 Sustains Vitamin B-6 Biosynthesis as a Function of Heat Stress
Dell'Aglio, Elisa; Boycheva, Svetlana; Fitzpatrick, Teresa B.
PLANT PHYSIOLOGY, 174 (4): 2098-2112 10.1104/pp.17.00531 AUG 2017
- Vitamin B-1 diversity and characterization of biosynthesis genes in cassava
Mangel, Nathalie; Fudge, Jared B.; Fitzpatrick, Teresa B.; Gruissem, Wilhelm; Vanderschuren, Herve
JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY, 68 (13): 3351-3363 10.1093/jxb/erx196 JUN 15 2017
- Editorial overview: Biofortification of crops: achievements, future challenges, socio-economic, health and ethical aspects
Van Der Straeten, Dominique; Fitzpatrick, Teresa B.; De Steur, Hans
CURRENT OPINION IN BIOTECHNOLOGY, 44: VII-X 10.1016/j.copbio.2017.03.007 APR 2017
Prof. Dr. Teresa Fitzpatrick
University of Geneva
Department of Botany and Plant Biology
Tel: +41 (0)22 379 30 16
- Vitamin metabolism
- Abiotic stress
- Transport processes
- Enzyme mechanisms
- Protein chemistry
- Plant physiology and biochemistry
- Genomics, proteomics and metabolomics
- Cell biology