Nutrition and development of plants
Plant roots acquire water and nutrients from the soil and transport them upwards to the aerial parts. This function is reflected by their anatomy: Water and nutrients move radially through the concentric layers of epidermis and cortex before entering the vasculature through the endodermis. Our research aims to study the relations between root development and nutrient uptake by combining microscopy, molecular genetics and plant physiology. Current projects in the lab include characterization of apoplastic, symplastic and transcellular pathways for nutrients.
• Regulation of a plant aquaporin by a Casparian strip membrane domain protein-like
Champeyroux, Chloe; Bellati, Jorge; Barberon, Marie; et al.
PLANT CELL AND ENVIRONMENT 42(6): 1788-1801 10.1111/pce.13537, JUN 2019
• Surveillance of cell wall diffusion barrier integrity modulates water and solute transport in plants
Wang, Peng; Calvo-Polanco, Monica; Reyt, Guilhem; et al.
SCIENTIFIC REPORTS Volume: 9 Article Number: 4227 10.1038/s41598-019-40588-5 MAR 12 2019
• The endodermis, a tightly controlled barrier for nutrients
Doblas, Veronica G.; Geldner, Niko; Barberon, Marie
CURRENT OPINION IN PLANT BIOLOGY 39: 136-143 10.1016/j.pbi.2017.06.010 OCT 2017
• Transient cell-specific EXO70A1 activity in the CASP domain and Casparian strip localization
Lothar Kalmbach, Kian Hématy, Damien De Bellis, Marie Barberon, Satoshi Fujita, Robertas Ursache, Jean Daraspe & Niko Geldner
NATURE PLANTS 3(5) Article Number: 17058 10.1038/nplants.2017.58 MAY 2017
• The endodermis as a checkpoint for nutrients
NEW PHYTOLOGIST 213(4): 1604-1610 10.1111/nph.14140 MAR 2017
• Root diffusion barrier control by a vasculature-derived peptide binding to the SGN3 receptor
Doblas, Veronica G.; Smakowska-Luzan, Elwira; Fujita, Satoshi; et al.
SCIENCE 355(6322): 280-283 10.1126/science.aaj1562 JAN 20 2017
- Relations between abiotic stress and root development
- Plasticity of root permeability for nutrient transport
- Cell-to-cell transport of nutrients in roots
- Function of root barriers in plant adaptation
- Endocytosis and exocytosis
- Live cell imaging
- Gene regulation
- Protein degradation