Volatile-mediated impact of bacteria on plants
Plant-microbe Interactions, Phytopathology, Microbiology
Understanding how organisms communicate to establish mutualistic interactions is our key research interest. We focus on plant-associated bacteria and study their ability to emit volatile compounds that protect plants against diseases. We work with well-established model plants like Arabidopsis thaliana, as well as with crops of agricultural relevance such as potato, tomato and grapevine. Our research spans from fundamental understanding of beneficial plant-microbe interactions to the application of the acquired knowledge for sustainable crop protection.
- Microbial life in the grapevine: what can we expect from the leaf microbiome?
Vionnet L, De Vrieze M, Dutartre A, Gfeller A, Luthi A, L'Haridon F & Weisskopf L (2018).
OenoOne 52 (3) (online https://doi.org/10.20870/oeno-one.2018.52.3.2120).
- Mining the Volatilomes of Plant-Associated Microbiota for New Biocontrol Solutions
Bailly, Aurelien; Weisskopf, Laure
FRONTIERS IN MICROBIOLOGY, 8; https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2017.01638 AUG 25 2017
- Long-Chain Alkyl Cyanides: Unprecedented Volatile Compounds Released by Pseudomonas and Micromonospora Bacteria
Montes Vidal D, von Rymon-Lipinski AL, Ravella S, Groenhagen U, Herrmann J, Zaburannyi N, Zarbin PHG, Varadarajan AR, Ahrens CH, Weisskopf L, Müller R, Schulz S
ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, 56 (15): 4342-4346 10.1002/anie.201611940 APR 3 2017
- Smelly Fumes: Volatile-Mediated Communication between Bacteria and Other Organisms
Weisskopf L, RYU C-M, Raaijmakers JM & Garbeva P
FRONTIERS IN MICROBIOLOGY, 7: 10.3389/fmicb.2016.02031 DEC 20 2016
- Molecular mechanisms underlying the close association between soil Burkholderia and fungi
Stopnisek N, Zuehlke D, Carlier A, Barberan, Fierer N, Becher D, Riedel K, Eberl L & Weisskopf L.
ISME Journal 10: 253-264 10.1038/ismej.2015.73 2016
- The Anti-Phytophthora Effect of Selected Potato-Associated Pseudomonas Strains: From the Laboratory to the Field
Guyer A; De Vrieze M; Boenisch D; Gloor R; Musa T; Bodenhausen N;, Bailly A; Weisskopf L
FRONTIERS IN MICROBIOLOGY 6 10.3389/fmicb.2015.01309 NOV 27 2015
- Volatile Organic Compounds from Native Potato-associated Pseudomonas as Potential Anti-oomycete Agents
De Vrieze M; Pandey P; Bucheli, TD; Varadarajan AR; Ahrens CH; Weisskopf L; Bailly A
FRONTIERS IN MICROBIOLOGY 6 10.3389/fmicb.2015.01295 NOV 23 2015
- Chemical communication between bacteria, plants and plant pathogens
- Molecular regulation of bacterial volatile emission
- Physiological effects of bacterial volatiles in target organisms
- Bacterial volatiles and sustainable crop protection
- Plant-microbe interactions
- Induced systemic resistance
- Chemistry of volatile-mediated communication
- Crop protection