Ecology and evolution of plant sexual systems
Current projects in the group address questions concerning transitions between sexual systems and their implications for mating, resource allocation, demography and the evolution of the genome and transcriptome, especially sex chromosomes.
- Characterization of microsatellite markers for Moricandia moricandioides (Brassicaceae) and related species
Cuenot, Y; Gomez, JM; Gonzalez-Megias, A; Pannell, JR; Torices, R
APPLICATIONS IN PLANT SCIENCES, 6 (8):10.1002/aps3.1172 AUG 2018
- Size and Content of the Sex-Determining Region of the Y Chromosome in Dioecious Mercurialis annua, a Plant with Homomorphic Sex Chromosomes
Veltsos, P; Cossard, G; Beaudoing, E; Beydon, G; Bianchi, DS; Roux, C;
Gonzalez-Martinez, SC; Pannell, JR
GENES, 9 (6):10.3390/genes9060277 JUN 2018
- Kin discrimination allows plants to modify investment towards pollinator attraction
Torices, Ruben; Gomez, Jose M.; Pannell, John R.
NATURE COMMUNICATIONS, 9 10.1038/s41467-018-04378-3 MAY 22 2018
- Pleiotropic effect of the Flowering Locus C on plant resistance and defence against insect herbivores
Rasmann, Sergio; Vilas, Julia Sanchez; Glauser, Gaetan; Cartolano, Maria; Lempe, Janne; Tsiantis, Miltos; Pannell, John R.
JOURNAL OF ECOLOGY, 106 (3):1244-1255; 10.1111/1365-2745.12894 MAY 2018
- Sex Determination: Sterility Genes out of Sequence
Pannell, John R.; Gerchen, Jorn
CURRENT BIOLOGY, 28 (2): R80-R83 10.1016/j.cub.2017.11.052 JAN 22 2018 Editorial Material (Details)
- The divergence history of the perennial plant Linaria cavanillesii confirms a recent loss of self-incompatibility
Voillemot, M.; Rougemont, Q.; Roux, C.; et al.
JOURNAL OF EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY, 31 (1): 136-147 JAN 2018 Article (Details)
- Gender specialisation and stigma height dimorphism in Mediterranean Lithodora fruticosa (Boraginaceae)
Pannell, J. R.
PLANT BIOLOGY, 20: 112-117 JAN 2018 Article (Details)
- Low number of fixed somatic mutations in a long-lived oak tree
Schmid-Siegert, Emanuel; Sarkar, Namrata; Iseli, Christian; et al.
NATURE PLANTS, 3 (12): 926-929 DEC 2017 Article (Details)
- Sex-specific strategies of resource allocation in response to competition for light in a dioecious plant
Tonnabel, Jeanne; David, Patrice; Pannell, John R.
OECOLOGIA, 185 (4): 675-686 DEC 2017 Article (Details)
- Evolution of plant gender, sexual dimorphism and sex allocation strategies
- Ecology, genetics and evolution of polyploidy, especially in its interaction with the sexual system
- Evolution of local adaptation, particularly in colonizing plant species
- Ecology and population genetics of metapopulations subject to repeated local extinctions and re-colonisations