Summer School «PROMOWOOD – Promotion of wood as key element for achieving net zero»
Registration opened for the Summer School «PROMOWOOD – Promotion of wood as key element for achieving net zero» is open.
The Summer School will take place from August 19 to 26, 2023 in Davos (Switzerland). The application deadline is May 1st, 2023.
The Summer School aims to provide a holistic view on the promotion of wood along the wood value chain. The topic will be addressed by focusing on:
- Environmental issues (forest dynamics in a changing environment),
- socio-economic and policy frameworks,
- possibilities of new wood products, and
- transdisciplinary challenges (interlinkage of scientific disciplines, stakeholder dialog).
The participants will reflect on their own scientific work with respect to other disciplinary methods and discuss possible benefits of interdisciplinary approaches in their field.
The preliminary list of speakers:
- Peter Bebi (SLF),
- Alessandra Bottero (SLF),
- Calum Brown (Highlands Rewilding),
- Ingo Burgert (ETHZ, Empa),
- Erwin Dreyer (INRAE),
- Claude Garcia (HAFL, ETHZ),
- Marc Hanewinkel (Uni Freiburg),
- Andrew Heald (New Generation Plantations),
- Stefanie Hellweg (ETHZ),
- Frank Krumm (WSL),
- Antonello Lobianco (AgroParisTech),
- Andreas Rigling (ETHZ),
- Achim Schafer (FOEN),
- René Steiger (Empa),
- Esther Thürig (WSL).
The Summer School “PROMOWOOD” is jointly organized by the ETH-Domain initiatives MainWood & SCENE, the SwissForestLab and the NFZ.forestnet.
Website and registration