The role of ABC and vacuole transporters in plants
Using modern molecular, biochemical and electrophysiological approaches as well as classical physiology our laboratory aims to elucidate different aspects of plant physiology. In our group the elucidation of the role of transporters is the major topic. Using the model plant Arabidopsis, we are investigating the role of ABC transporters in heavy metal resistance, stomata regulation and auxin transport. Another focus is the elucidation of the role of vacuolar transporters in maintaining the cytosolic homeostasis for metabolites and inorganic ions.
- An evergreen mind and a heart for the colors of fall
Sylvain Aubry, Bastien Christ, Bernhard Kräutler, Enrico Martinoia, Howard Thomas, Cyril Zipfel
Journal of Experimental Botany, https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/erab162
- Functions of ABC transporters in plant growth and development
Thanh Ha Thi Do; Martinoia, Enrico; Lee, Youngsook
CURRENT OPINION IN PLANT BIOLOGY, 41 32-38; 10.1016/j.pbi.2017.08.003 FEB 2018
- Vacuolar Transporters - Companions on a Longtime Journey
PLANT PHYSIOLOGY, 176 (2): 1384-1407 FEB 2018 Review (Details)
- Changes in the allocation of endogenous strigolactone improve plant biomass production on phosphate-poor soils
Liu, Guowei; Pfeifer, Johannes; Francisco, Rita de Brito; et al.
NEW PHYTOLOGIST, 217 (2): 784-798 JAN 2018 Article (Details)
- Feed Your Friends: Do Plant Exudates Shape the Root Microbiome?
Sasse, Joelle; Martinoia, Enrico; Northen, Trent
TRENDS IN PLANT SCIENCE, 23 (1): 25-41 JAN 2018 Review (Details)
- ABA-lnduced Stomatal Closure Involves ALMT4, a Phosphorylation-Dependent Vacuolar Anion Channel of Arabidopsis
Eisenach, Cornelia; Baetz, Ulrike; Huck, Nicola V.; et al.
PLANT CELL, 29 (10): 2552-2569 OCT 2017 Article (Details)
- Stomatal closure in Arabidopsis involves ALMT4, a phosphorylation-dependent vacuolar malate channel
Eisenach, C; Baetz, U; Huck, NV; Zhang, J; De Angeli, A; Beckers, GJM and Martinoia, E
PLANT CELL, 29 (10): 2552-2569 2017 Article
Prof. Dr. Enrico Martinoia
University of Zurich
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology
Tel: +41 (0)44 634 82 22
- ABC transporters and detoxification
- ABC transporters and stomatal regulation
- ABC transporters and auxin transport
- Vacuolar transporters
- Molecular biology and classical physiology