Rigi Kulm, Switzerland
Cell Biology of Infection – Rigi Workshop 2021, postponed to 2022
Postponed to 2022
PhD students from all Swiss institutions of Higher Learning are encouraged to apply. Applications from Master students and Postdocs are also considered. The registration fee is CHF 150 (Master students can contact us for financial support). You can contact your doctoral school for the accreditation of ECTS.
The interdisciplinary topic of the workshop “Cell Biology of Infection” brings together students and experienced scientists to discuss the concepts of microbial pathogens, including bacteria and viruses infecting humans and animals or plants. The workshop features poster presentations, short talks and team work projects. Please find the preliminary program here.
Keynote lectures by leading experts in the field:
- Nikola Biller-Andorno (University of Zürich) “Risks and opportunities for society and medicine in times of pandemics”
- Melanie Blokesch (EPF Lausanne): “Vibrio cholerae"
- Roland Brosch (Institute Pasteur, Paris): "Mycobacterium tuberculosis"
- Carmen Buchrieser (Institute Pasteur) : “Legionella pneumophila”
- Gabrielle Vieyres, (Heinrich Pette Institute, Hamburg. "RNA virus"
- Michael Way (The Francis Crick Institute, London): “Vaccinia virus”
- Cyril Zipfel (University of Zürich): “Concepts of innate immunity in plants“
Export event as iCal